OTONOMI is thrilled to announce our official partnership with Bermuda-based decentralized reinsurer Ensuro, to back our parametric cargo insurance products and develop cutting-edge digital-native policies.
As a tech-MGA platform, OTONOMI addresses a $50 billion market and brings the first-ever parametric air freight disruption coverage to the US market, enabled by Oracle API provider Chainlink. Coupled with Ensuro’s decentralized underwriting, both the logistics and insurance sectors benefit from a pioneering insurance product.
A GROWING PAIN DEMANDS A MAJOR OVERHAUL.
In the aftermath of the pandemic and subsequent explosion of e-commerce, disastrous events such as the Suez Canal Ever Given’s debacle have cost north of $10 billion to shippers and forwarders. Many similar circumstances have hampered the marine industry and resulted in a global supply chain crisis.
With OTONOMI + ENSURO’s partnership, logistics companies such as freight forwarders, along with shippers and receivers get access to automated delay and interruption coverage which settle compensation same-day, no questions asked.
On the insurance side, carriers, brokers, and reinsurers deploy innovative products and risk-capitals with unprecedented return profiles and fully-automated operating models.
A SYNERGETIC PARTNERSHIP FROM A TECH AND BUSINESS STANDPOINT.
Our 2 platforms unleash unparalleled synergies in a number of areas:
- Tech synergies: both platforms are built on cutting-edge smart contracts technologies and power digital-native policy writing, operations, and automatic contract executions, and are natively compatible.
- Capital synergies: our fully digitized economic and financial models unlock access to tremendous pockets of liquidity in the crypto and DeFi investors space, at highly competitive APY investment returns. This capital model is a unique foray in connecting both the digital assets players (via Ensuro) and real-asset parametric insurance policyholders (via Otonomi). The liquidity pool risk-capital will allow us to write and monetize thousands of freight shipment policies in 2022. We also project to multiply the capital capacity severalfold in the next 18 months.
- Operational synergies: born in the blockchain our platforms can manage funds, policies record-keeping, risk-transfer in a fully-automated and digital fashion, which promotes efficiencies and reduces fraud.
The logistics and insurance sectors are bound to experience a wave of disruptive solutions that are already transforming clients’ experience and incumbents’ economic and operating models.
OTONOMI and ENSURO are committed to pushing the boundaries of innovation and bringing the best of decentralized technologies to the space in the decade to come.
- About OTONOMI:
OTONOMI’s blockchain-enabled parametric platform transforms cargo insurance policies into fast, cost-effective, and transparent digital products. Bolstered by our proprietary technologies in data-activated triggers, smart contracts, and integrated digital wallets, we reduce claim resolution times from 45 days to 45 minutes, lowering admin costs by 75%.
Parametric policies: Detect. Activate. Pay.
- One-click subscription: our API infrastructure enables fast and flexible policies enrollment.
- Independent event-triggers: we provide coverage for 12-hour shipment delay and interruption via secure and encrypted event triggers, enabled by global oracle provider Chainlink.
- Autonomous policies: our blockchain-based smart contracts execute programmable legal and economic terms automatically for fully independent claim resolutions.
- Digital payments: our payments services provide fast onboarding and same-day settlements for a broad range of clients.
- Dynamic pricing and risk management: we build a proprietary logistics database with algorithmic underwriting and comprehensive risk analytics for advanced pricing and risk management. Our underlying data source is provided by our aviation partner OAG.
If you are interested in learning more, find us on social:
Website | Linkedin | Twitter | Youtube | Medium
- About ENSURO:
ENSURO is a decentralized capital provider for parametric insurance risk. As part of the Bermuda Monetary Authority’s Insurtech and Digital Assets sandbox, Ensuro deploys decentralized reinsurance capitals, combining underwriting capabilities, blockchain-enabled operations, and liquidity-pooling for DeFi investors.
If you are interested in learning more:
Telegram | Discord | Linkedin | Twitter | Github | Website
- About Chainlink
Chainlink is the most widely used and secure way to power universally connected smart contracts. With Chainlink, developers can connect any blockchain with high-quality data sources from other blockchains as well as real-world data. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance and gaming ecosystems, among others.
Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data feeds. To learn more, visit chain.link, subscribe to the Chainlink newsletter, and follow @chainlink on Twitter.
Docs | Discord | Reddit | YouTube | Telegram | Events | GitHub
Stay Safe & Happy Holidays!
OTONOMI & ENSURO